As many of you know, I am the host of the award winning podcast; System Execution. I have the absolute pleasure of interviewing successful people about the systems that they use that leads to their business success.
In episode 13 of System Execution, my guest, Wendy Keller, shared her insight regarding the value of platform building.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Wendy’s background
- How Wendy got into platform building
- Why platform building is more than marketing
- Wendy’s Biz Quiz for figuring out the kind of platform that is best for you
- Why you don’t have to everything and be everywhere to build a platform
- How Wendy customizes platforms based on her clients’ goals
- Assembling the right equipment for starting to build your platform (ex: if you’re starting a podcast, you need audio equipment)
- Testing your content against the real world, figuring out what people respond the most to, and leveraging the heck out of it
- Why you need to run Facebook ads — and how to do it effectively
- How to spend your marketing budget
- What to do when response starts to wain
- The screening process Wendy and her team do before taking on clients
- Why speaking for free can be a good strategy in the right industries
Wendy Keller is an award-winning former journalist, a respected literary agent, an author, speaker, acclaimed book marketing consultant, and branding expert. She got her first job as a newspaper reporter as a 16-year-old college freshman. Since then, Wendy worked for PR Newswire; the Knight-Ridder newspaper chain; as managing editor of Dateline magazine; and as associate publisher of Los Angeles’ then-second-largest Spanish language weekly, La Gaceta. She is the author 31 published books under 9 names, plus dozens of self-published books, and is responsible for over +1,500 deals sold for other authors – including 17 New York Times best sellers and 9 international best sellers.
If you like this post and want to receive more tips on marketing in the digital age, subscribe to 97 Degrees West's Insights.